Lime Quinoa Salad with Mint & Cilantro
I made this salad for lunch today. It is light and refreshing yet full of flavor. The taste of lime and cilantro suprisingly compliment the fresh mint very nicely. This is a recipe I'll be keeping for those summer gatherings with friends.
- 1 c dry quinoa
- 2 Tbsp fruity EVOO
- Juice from 2 limes
- Leaves off 2-3 fresh mint springs, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c cooked shelled edamame
- 2 Tbsp of chopped yellow or orange bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp diced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
To cook the quinoa, bring 2 c of salted water to a boil and add the quinoa. Cover and simmer until all of the water is absorbed (about 8-10 min). Fluff and scoop into a bowl followed by the rest of the ingredients. Lightly toss with a fork until combined and season to taste. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour to let the flavors mingle.
Makes 4-6 servings.