Thursday, January 13, 2011

Adobados Pork Tacos

Last night after I posted, Dane decided to hit the gym. I took the opportunity to do some yoga. I lit some candles to set a relaxing mood followed by 5 min of luna meditation, 20 min of "fire and heat" and ended with 5 min of savasana. This morning I was up early again covering for a coworker. Nine hours of sleep in two days simply doesn't cut it for me. I was tired today and kind of snacked a lot the last two evenings. I guess you could say I missed my days off I was supposed to have. The extra money on my next paycheck will help though. I only have to work this weekend and Thursday before we'll be on our way to visit my sissy-in-law in Boise. We'll get to see our kitty cats and we're going to a 'Grace Potter & the Nocturnals' concert Saturday evening. Excited!!!

Tonight for dinner we had Adobados Pork Tacos  with Cilantro Lime Quinoa and Guacamole. Let me tell you, these babies pack a lot of heat!! I made a vegetarian version and within a few bites, my mouth was on fire! They had a really nice smoky spice to them. However, I think I would only use half a can of the chipotle peppers next time (only because I'm a wimp). They were delicious though and after watching 'Man vs Food' my hubby decided they'd be an even better nacho topper. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries it for dinner tomorrow.

Red Quinoa

Cooked red quinoa with lime, cilantro and corn. Helped calm the heat from the sauce.

Avocado w/ red onion, garlic powder, tomatoes, lime juice, salt and cilantro = yummy guacamole

My taco salad

Hubby's first taco

I was tired and a little moody and decided to have hot chocolate and popcorn while watching my shows tonight. Ugh, now I have a tummy ache and kind of feel like poo. I made some green juice for tomorrow though. Tomorrow will be better :)


A picture from one of my favorite little girls
"Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny."
--Frank Outlaw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...