factory farming. I could write a book on that topic. There are so many studies, books and undercover videos but it all is a bit disheartening. While working away at the computer I usually have an urge to snack or sip so I decided to make some refreshing green juice.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 4-5 stalks of kale
- 2 apples
- 1 whole lemon
- a big piece of ginger (about 1-2 inches depending on your taste)
- 1 cucumber
- Stevia for sweetener if needed
Next, I sliced 1/2 onion, 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 yellow bell pepper and 2 peeled carrots. Then I chopped some fresh garlic and ginger to add a little flavor.
|Warm 2 tsp olive oil + a drizzle of toasted sesame oil in a pan. Add garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes until fragrant. Add vegetables and cook for 5 min. |
If you or someone you know has a peanut allergy (or you just love almond butter as much as I do) you must try this recipe. It tastes like an authentic Thai peanut sauce.
- 1 c almond butter (I get mine freshly ground at Fred Meyer)
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger
- 1/2 c water (to thin out sauce as you wish)
- 4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup - None of that leggo my eggo stuff :)
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce (Nana Shoyu or Bragg's Liquid Aminos)
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 serrano or jalepeno chili (or red pepper flakes)
- Fresh cilantro to taste
|"Peanut" Sauce Drizzled over brown rice, red quinoa and veggies|
"The best way to prepare for life is to begin to live."