Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I have a confession....or two

 I'm hopelessly addicted to food blogs! I stayed up way too late Monday night reading and searching for new blogs to follow. Tuesday morning when I woke up the house was freezing even with my sweats, scarf, and slipper socks on.  I cranked up the heat (shh, don't tell the hubby) and drank a chai latte made with loose leaf chai from Oregon and some almond milk.  I received my new yoga videos yesterday too. So once I finally warmed up, I did 40 minutes of Vinyasa flow yoga....let me tell you, it felt really good. I got sucked into some reading, blogging, and the Food Network and before I knew it, 1:00 had rolled around. Time to run errands! Made dinner with a quinoa recipe from Whole Living that I wasn't very impressed with. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

I did like this Almond Soup, but I had to add curry and some heat or it would have been far too bland.

After dinner, we snuggled in for the night to watch 'Biggest Loser' and 'Parenthood.' When the snow started falling, I was craving something warm and a little more comforting than tea so I came up with this luscious drink. 

Coconut Cocoa Tea Latte:
  • 8 oz Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
  • 4 oz Water
  • 1 Coconut Cocoa Tea bag from The Republic of Tea
  • 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Did I mention it's only 65 calories?? You'd never know, it's so rich and chocolatey with a hint of coconut - Scrumptious! 

This morning I worked from home for a few hours as poor Mother Nature seemed to be a bit confused. The ground was covered in a new blanket of snow but it was raining, which made the roads a sloppy mess at 5:30 am. It soon warmed up and I headed into the office. I can't believe it was snowing last night and now it's supposed to be in the low 50's for the remainder of the week, talk about mood swings!  On my way home, I picked up a petite pork roast to try a recipe for Adobado Pork Tacos from my friend's blog, KFCKitchen. I'm also trying a millet recipe from Gluten-FreeGoddess tonight. Somehow, I've overlooked this wonderful grain for the past 25 years.  

Millet & veggies tossed with garlic, white wine and pine nuts
Since I have to leave my house by 5:45 am the next few days (and I loved the texture of millet so much), I decided to use a little of the extras for a breakfast porridge with hints of vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, tart cranberries and almonds, my tummy will surely be happy.  



One more confession....I miss baking!! :( I've been yearning to try some of the new gluten free recipes I've found, but this no sugar thing makes baking a little tough. I miss the days of staying in my sweats, listening to music and baking on a day off. On a positive note, not having baked goods around sure makes it a lot easier to stay away from the sweets!  Ok, since we're back on the confessions topic, I must admit I didn't do my yoga today but tomorrow I am going to try out Jillian's Yoga Meltdown!! That's it for tonight. I need to relax with my love muffin before it's time for bed. I was up at 4:30 this morning.

Positive vibes....

"Don't let what you can't do stop you from doing what you can do." -- John Wooden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...