On New Year's Eve, Dane and I spent the evening at home lounging in our pj's and sipping champagne while we working on a puzzle. I know, I know...this may sound lame to some. We decided to make a quick run to the store and Dane picked out this recipe to try. It was effortless and super yummy! With it's creamy garlic base and pops of artichoke and spinach you'll be tempted to eat the whole pan! Serves 4 for less than 200 kcal per serving.
- 14 oz can quartered artichoke hearts (packed in water, not marinated in oil), drained and roughly chopped
- 3 oz of frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (I chopped fresh baby spinach leaves instead)
- 3/4 c low-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced (don't be shy, the garlic is my favorite part!)
- Pinch of crushed red pepper (we add a few pinches because we both enjoy the spice)