Sunday, February 6, 2011

Quick and Easy Salsa



Back in Bozeman, whenever we needed salsa I would make a quick trip to our favorite grocery store to pick up a batch of Hot Mama's Medium Salsa. I loved the combination of flavors and it always tasted so fresh, nothing else compared to it. Since I've moved to Seattle, I have yet to find anything that compares.  I was determined to find a quick replacement I could make at home so I came up with this recipe. It isn't Hot Mama's but it sure does the trick. The jalapeno gives it a kick while the cilantro and garlic add that fresh burst of flavor I desire in a salsa.


  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drain some of the juice if you like a thicker salsa)

  • 1/3 peeled red onion, chopped (feel free to add more, hubby doesn't like too much onion)

  • 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded

  • 2 tsp apple cider vinegar

  • 2 tsp fresh lime juice

  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro

  • 1 clove garlic, peeled

  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin

  • 1/4 teaspoon salt


  • In a food processor, combine all ingredients. Cover and process until desired texture. Transfer to a small bowl and serve with your favorite Mexican dish or as an appetizer with some homemade guacamole and chips.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...