Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Raw Almond Cookies


 Adapted from 'Raw Food Made Easy: for 1 or 2 People' by Jennifer Cornbleet

In an attempt to consume less white sugar and eat more raw, wholesome foods, I decided to invest in a few new dessert cookbooks. Yes, two cookbooks entirely dedicated to raw desserts! Hmm, I know what you're thinking, I've gone off the deep end. :) Don't worry, I could never give up my fresh baked cookies, cupcakes or brownies, but these healthier desserts will help me fill in the gaps between my baking extravaganzas. This dessert was one of the first that I tried and I can't wait to experiment with the rest of  them! It was sinfully  rich and chewy but best of all cured my sweet tooth with just one cookie! Perfect! 

Ingredients: 
  • 1/2 c raw almond or cashew butter
  • 1/4 c raw honey, pure maple syrup or agave nectar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/8-1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • Dash salt
  • 1/2 c ground almonds
  • Chocolate Ganache Sauce 
  • Course ground sea salt

Add the almond butter, raw honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon and dash of salt to a food processor fitted with the S blade and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and freeze for 30 minutes.

 Form into 1-inch balls and flatten slightly. Roll each cookie in the ground almonds. Top with warmed ganache sauce and a sprinkle of ground almonds and/or course ground sea salt.

Freeze for at least two hours before serving. Stored in a sealed container in the freezer, these cookies will keep for up to one month.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...